Monday, September 12, 2011

Il Martedi

So I know that I already posted today, meaning that either its been way too long since I posted or that I think what I have to say is way more interesting that it probably actually is. Either way I would like to add two stories: going out on Monday evenings.

I was told, right after finishing my homework, that we were going to everyone's favorite hangout place in the neighborhood. I instantly agreed since I had been inside studying/blogging/cooking since school ended at 3pm. Only this time none of the guys from our program that we normally met were there, granted this was mostly because we had forgotten to tell them we were going. It was a last minute decision after all. Mostly we just caught up with each other (since 2 days apart college students is a lifetime, obviously).

We talked about fall break, and I think I am for sure now copping out of trip planning and going on the cruise that several other people in our program are going on. We talked about the weekends' adventures. My roommates and I went to the vatican whereas my other friends visited the catacombs along the Appian Way. Then something very odd happened, we realized that we were the only ones speaking English. We have successfully found an Italian hangout...even though we only spoke to each other, in English. Soon after this realization someone tried to speak to us in broken English, an Italian (I assume) man offered us a part of a croissant...that he had already taken a bite of. We said no, and then realized just how American we must look, but did he really think we were that stupid? We brushed off the usual flower sellers and then walked home together at midnight. Near the end of the five minute walk home, we passed a park, only instead of it being empty there were Italians dancing something slow and ballroom-esque. We all stopped momentarily, probably wishing we knew the dance and had boys to ask us, before realizing that it would be too weird to take a picture and promptly walking the rest of the way home. It was, however, all in all a great, relaxing end to our Monday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment